I realize, the updates have been neglected for a very long time, so let's try and make some short notes on what has happened in the past couple of, well... years 🙂
The following program shows the updated of 2018 in Chronological order.
We finally introduced Client and Vendor prices. It might seem like an obvious thing to do, but with all the struggle we had before, this was a pretty cool step forward. Finally we could enter our prices, but not only that!
The prices in miniTPMS are very complex and customisable by the following:
So it might be in order to say that miniTPMS has the most advanced pricing structure function among all BSM systems (that we know of, if you know differently, let us know).
We also introduced Custom Fee and Flat Fees on both Vendor and Client side, so if for some reason, the automatically calculated price is not good enough for you, you can always change it to your own liking.
Another bigger development we introduced in this period was the revamping of Client and Vendor Reports (and their export into Excel). This now show projects grouped and the money combined into right groups... all along with the totals at the end.
It was the time when we didn't have Purchase Orders in place, so this part was pretty big for both clients and vendors in our system.
We also started working on Vendor Purchase Orders and introduced a couple of smaller tweaks like:
Then we moved to some interesting stuff, for example a Preferred Vendor attribute that is added to the Vendors, which helps your translation project managers chose their best vendors.
We also introduced Roles so that you can choose which colleagues see what. For example, if you don't want your junior PMs to see the prices and the finances of the project, you can click to disable this function for them. This might not be so relevant in a very small organization, but if you have colleagues who are not yet ready to see everything and all features, it might help them get used to the basic functionaility first.
Towards the end of the year, the Profit bar was introduced in the Finance tab of every project, which shows - in your company's basic currency - the account receivable, account payable and the profit along with the Gross Profit Margin calcualtion.
And then one of the last things we had introduced, was the attribute of "Language Independent Vendor".
Imagine if you had a project in 17 languages, which needed OCR or DTP task done on it, by your in-house colleague or an external one, that is not really a task that needs a knowledge of a language. So marking a task as "Language Independent" and a colleague as "Language Independent" will make a good fit for these kind of tasks.
It's funny, once you write down all these bigger changes of the system here in a blog, it doesn't looke like a big thing. But when you think about it, back than it was very busy for us.
Smaller issues and bugs have also made their way into the released product, so basically, there was no month when we were not busy or, matter of fact too busy.